Garden plantings are an essential part of any landscape project. They enhance a property in many different ways, and are often referred to as softscaping.
Envision Landscapes can work with you on your project by:
- Professionally designed softscape design for your property.
- A plan for the beds to have items of interest in the garden for any and every season.
- Providing quality plants and trees supplied for your project.
- A clean and professional look to the work completed.
- Incorporating landscape lighting into your project.
- A 1 Year warranty on any plant material supplied (an additional fee for trees may apply).
Garden plantings have benefits for any property as they:
- Beautify the property.
- Enhance the curb appeal of the property in a positive way.
- Add to the property value.
- Often accent the Hardscaping in a complete landscape project.
- Create your unique look for your property making your property stand apart from your neighbours.
There are different types of plant varieties and sizes that can be used for any garden bed. The different varieties and types are listed below.
These are different varieties of colorful plants to create a beautiful visual appeal for your property. Annuals are commonly used as a filler plant to accent an item on the property. These plants are seasonal, and are typically removed at the end of the season or in the fall. Common varieties would include petunias, begonias, or fall mums.
Perennial plants come back year after year. They are often installed in a variety of sizes including 1 gallon up to 5 gallon. The varieties of plants that fall under perennials are vast. A definition of what you would like to see in your garden is essential for the plannings stage. Usually perennials take 2-3 years to reach maturity in size, as nursery grown plants are small compared to the final size. Examples of perennials would include hostas, ornamental grasses, bulbs, and many other colorful varieties.
Evergreen plants or shrubs do not lose their leaves in winter. They are typically green and need to have other plants to provide variety in colour. Often due to location of evergreens they may be susceptible to winter wind burn or salt damage. In order to protect evergreens burlap may be required during the winter months. Evergreens keep nice winter interest for any garden bed. Examples would include boxwoods, yews, euonymous, junipers, or cedars.
Shrubs are generally between 2′ and up to 10′ tall off the ground. They can be used as color or height to add character to a landscape garden bed. Varieties will vary depending on the project. Examples would be dogwood clumps, lilacs, or serviceberries.
The sizing and type of trees can vary directly with the project specifications. We can install deciduous or evergreen trees in various sizes depending on the location. Trees can be effectively used to screen an area or just add visual interest. We can also plant native trees. With any project, we can discuss what you would like to see with your property in the future, and plant trees to work with that vision. Examples of trees would be Maple or Spruce.
Contact Envision Landscapes for a custom quote for your property.